In 2012, a man wrote a letter to the editor of the Daily Sentinel in Scottsboro, Alabama. It went viral back then and it is going viral again today because it is amazingly relevant yet again in 2016. It gives some amazing insight into the minds of Liberals and with both Clinton and Sanders’ platforms offering lots of freebies, I think this really portrays the mindset of today’s Liberal voters.
The man’s name is James Anderson and he explained his “12 Reasons I Voted Democratic.” Here is his letter in full just as it appeared on TheChattanoogan.com on November 17, 2012, one week after the original post in Alabama. I think you will find it both funny and revealing.
So, here we go… Enjoy!
Here are the 12 reasons I voted Democratic:
- I voted Democratic because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I now may marry my Labrador.
- I voted Democratic because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the Government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.
- I voted Democratic because I believe the Government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
- I voted Democratic because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as I agree with what is said and nobody else is offended by it.
- I voted Democratic because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
- I voted Democratic because I believe that people who can’t tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in 10 years if I don’t start driving a Prius.
- I voted Democratic because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
- I voted Democratic because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.
- I voted Democratic because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
- I voted Democratic because I believe liberal Judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
- I voted Democratic because I think that it’s better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, spotted owl, gopher or fish.
- I voted Democratic because my head is so firmly misplaced toward the south end of my body; it’s unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.
No trees, Spotted Owls, or Red Cock-headed Woodpeckers were harmed in the sending of this message.
—James W. Anderson
I am assuming this was done as satire, considering some of his offhanded comments throughout the letter. However, what is not lost is this actually gives the only reasonable explanation behind Liberal thinking!
The editor was unable to contact Mr. Anderson for further comments, which is a shame, because I really would have liked to have heard more from him!
What do you think about James’ letter? Please share the story on Facebook and let us know because we want to hear YOUR voice!